Slater, Nigel. Real Fast Puddings. Penguin: Harmondsworth, UK 1994. 8vo SC 224pp
Nigel Slater, (1958 - ) is a cookbook author, food writer, journalist, broadcaster and TV presenter. He was the food writer for Marie Claire for 5 years before becoming a permanent columnist with the Observer.
Slater has written a number of best selling and award winning books; the most recent of which are based on his kitchen garden at his North London home.
Nigel Slater is the winner of numerous awards including:
- 1995 Glenfiddich Cookery Writer of the Year Award
- 1995 Glenfiddich Trophy
- 1995 Glendfiddich Award for Best Visual Work for The Observer
- 1996 Media Personality of the Year Award (Good Food Awards)
- 1999 Glenfiddich Award for Best Visual Work for Real Food
- 1999 Best Newspaper Cookery Journalist Award
- 2000 Andre Simon Award for Cookbook of the Year for Appetite
- 2004 Andre Simon Award for Toast
- 2004 Glenfiddich Food Book of the Year forToast
- 2004 British Biography of the Year Award for Toast
- 2004 Observer Food Monthly Book of the Year Award for Toast
- 2004 WH Smith People's Choice Award for "Toast"
- 2006 British Book Award for The Kitchen Diaries
- 2007 Specialist Writer of the Year, PPA Awards
- 2009 Honorary M.Litt. from the University of Wolverhampton
- 2009 BBC Food Personality of the Year